Position Job Title: Marketing Specialist
In conjunction with the VP of Marketing, effectively manage and implement all aspects of the company marketing plan and constantly seek new and innovative methods for increasing sales and enhancing the company’s image.
General Administrative Responsibilities & Executive Support:
- Provide support to the VP of Marketing and others as directed by assisting with correspondence, mailings, travel arrangements, expense reports, office meetings and outings, updating meeting notes and project schedules, prepare presentation materials and other tasks as directed.
- Prepare various reports and spreadsheets and update meeting notes as necessary.
- Complete purchase orders for marketing related items.
- Interface with accounts payable and distribute invoices for approval and coding as needed.
- Prepare contracts and contract addendums
- Assist in preparation of budgets and research information to update budgets.
- Coordinate re-ordering and keep inventory of promotional items
- Coordinate the preparation and submission of all award entries.
Event Planning & Grand Openings:
- Direct and serve as primary contact for all community grand openings.
- Brochure/invitation development and creative direction of collateral materials
- Email blasts and guest list management
- Recruiting and organizing consultants
- Detailed management of entire event including onsite preparation
- food/beverage, entertainment, and guest check-in
Model Homes, Sales Offices and Communities:
- Coordination of consultant schedules for initial and progress-update meetings
- Prepare detailed project-specific binders inclusive of all project materials
- Assist with floor plan changes and design modifications
- Follow up with consultants as needed to ensure timely completion of meeting-related requests
- Provide Salespeople with community overview pages.
- Maintain accurate collateral materials for each community and ensure their timely distribution.
- Work with Management and Design Studio Manager with interior design firm – model merchandising process.
- Manage the sales office design and production process.
- Coordinate the production of renderings for sales offices.
- Manage the production, installation and maintenance of all exterior signage to include directionals, flags and flag poles for all new and existing models and communities.
- Inspect models on weekly basis for model maintenance, signage and flags
- Provide weekly updates to the Marketing Director as well as the Salespeople regarding all marketing activities and the status of all projects.
- Solicit feedback from the sales team on the effectiveness of marketing activities.
- Coordinate and attend focus group meetings and review summary information with management.
- Manage division web site information including maintenance of data.
- Monitor the company’s web site e-mail daily and provide prompt responses to all information requests.
- Organize and maintain the photography library, and coordinate photoshoots and order photography as appropriate.
- File and maintain newspaper and magazine ads and articles for each community.
- Arrange travel for sales and marketing events if requested.
- Serve as a liaison and communication source with advertising agency.
- Provide direction and feedback to the advertising agency and approve all advertising prior to distribution.
- Maintain and distribute the advertising and media schedule.
- Promptly respond to all requests for sales information as requested from the Corporate office.
- Work with Lasso on sales support, prospect lists, Facebook, twitter pages.
- Create and/or coordinate collateral materials for Salespeople.
Does this position supervise other employees? No
- 3 + years of professional marketing experience
- Real Estate/Development or similar industry experience preferred
- Proven ability to develop and implement marketing plans.
- Results-oriented with strong organizational and creative skills.
- Computer experience in layout and graphic design preferred (Photoshop and InDesign).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs including Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Word
- Strong communication and public relations skills required.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Similarly, the work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lifting From 1 (lbs) to 15 (lbs)
- Standing Percent of time: 10 %
- Sitting Percent of time: 80 %
- Walking Percent of time: 10 %
- Repetitive Motion (i.e. Gripping)
From the following list, check the environmental factors involved with the job duties and work location. (Add others as needed.)
- Low to Moderate (Corporate/Sales Office Environment)
The New Home Company retains the discretion to add or change job duties at any time.