Position Job Title: Manager, Neighborhood Sales
FLSA Status: Hourly Non-Exempt
Assume ultimate responsibility for meeting or exceeding sales and closing quotas on a monthly basis within specified profit margins.
Specific Job Duties
The Critical Path to Sales:
- Immediately greet or acknowledge all visitors who enter the model with enthusiasm and establish rapport with them.
- Ask open-ended, indirect questions which draw out the customers' wants and needs.
- Perform model demonstrations, highlighting how the various features of our homes meet the customers’ wants and needs.
- Complete all contract and related paperwork in an organized, expeditious manner and obtain approval as necessary.
- At the appropriate time, obtain all information necessary to thoroughly complete registration cards.
- Maintain a system for organizing prospect registration cards according to appropriate categories to insure timely follow-up using the established computer system.
- If a contract is not written during the initial visit, before prospects leave ask for an appointment for them to return to the sales center.
- Communicate with prospects by utilizing a combination of telephone contacts and written correspondence.
- Constantly follow-up with prospects using the sales tools provided by the company to increase sales volume.
- Maintain documentation of all realtor traffic.
- Perform the required number of realtor visits each week and submit a monthly Realtor Activity Report detailing all realtor contacts.
- Plan the required number of realtor functions in your community each month.
- Maintain active contact with realtors by providing them with up-to-date inventory information.
- Review and follow-up on all old prospect cards on a regular basis.
- Seek referral leads from present and closed customers and follow-up on all information.
- Follow-up on all company-generated leads as well as the results of advertising and marketing efforts.
Servicing the Sale:
- Ensure customer expectations have been properly set regarding all activities from contract signing to closing.
- Assist customers in the option selection process.
- Promptly and accurately complete all subsequent change orders for customer requests, changes and additions according to the established guidelines.
- Set appointments for new home orientations and walk-through within established time frames.
- Monitor and collect any additional deposits or earnest monies due.
- Handle and address homeowner concerns during the construction process as courteously and promptly as possible.
- Monitor the loan approval and escrow processes (if applicable) and maintain required lender capture rates.
- Monitor the status of contingencies on a weekly basis and submit the Contingency Form to management as required.
- Regularly visit the construction site to check progress and insure installed items are consistent with selection information.
- Maintain regular contact with customers during the construction process using the TLC process to update them on the status of their home.
- Take the initiative to ask for referrals throughout the sales process.
- Maintain a constant awareness of your competition and their strengths, weaknesses and any special promotions they may be offering.
- Maintain a Competition Notebook noting the pricing, floor plans and features of your competitors and be prepared to use this information to overcome objections.
- Submit Competition Reports to management on a monthly basis.
- Maintain and submit to management a quarterly Lost Prospects Report documenting all sales which were lost to a competitor and the reason for each customer's decision.
Model/Sales Center and Community Management:
- Drive the community each morning before arriving at the sales center to check signage, flags, landscaping and overall community appearance.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of all finished and available market homes.
- Perform all model/sales center opening and closing duties as required.
- Maintain the order and cleanliness of the model/sales center throughout the day by performing the periodic walk-through.
- Obtain assistance from other team members or professionals as necessary in handling model or market home maintenance issues.
- Maintain an updated, accurate and neat filing system in accordance with established guidelines.
- Maintain an adequate and ready-to-use supply of all brochure items and reorder additional materials well in advance.
- Perform walk-through of finished market homes and accept them from construction.
- Ensure the model/sales center is open and staffed during all established hours of operation.
- Perform all administrative duties associated with maintaining the sales center (i.e. answer telephones, prepare correspondence, file information, write receipts, etc.)
- Prepare and submit the following reports on a weekly basis:
- Sales and Closing Report
- Traffic Report
- Registration Slips
- Status Report and Weekly Construction Meeting Report (if applicable)
- Contingency Form
- Prepare and submit the following reports on a monthly basis:
- Monthly Buyer Profile Summary
- Monthly Traffic Profile Summary
- Broker Activity Report (if applicable)
- Competition Report
- Lost Prospect Report
Personal Professional Standards:
- Constantly project an image of professionalism through your actions, demeanor and appearance, modeling our vision, values and operating principles.
- Act with integrity and honesty in your dealings with prospects, homeowners and fellow employees.
- Initiate opportunities to continually enhance your sales skills and knowledge.
- Strive to achieve high levels of teamwork, cooperation and open communication with all other departments in the company.
- Actively participate in Growth Reviews and establish goals for personal improvement.
Does this position supervise other employees? No
High school diploma with a college degree preferred.
1-2 years’ experience in sales and/or marketing preferred.
- Must be computer literate, with experience in Windows, Word and Excel preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally to office and field personnel.
- Exhibit a proven ability to close sales.
- Possess a valid Real Estate license.
- Good organizational skills and follow-through capabilities.
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job in accordance with company requirements and professional business practices.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Similarly, the work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lifting From 1 (lbs) to 15 (lbs)
- Repetitive Motion (i.e. Gripping)
Low to Moderate (Corporate/Sales Office Environment)
The New Home Company retains the discretion to add or change job duties at any time